Some of the most fun I have ever had. My Mom and four sisters went to see WICKED THE MUSICAL last weekend. I can't say enough about the play itself. No matter what I say I won't be able to give it all the praise it deserves so all I will say is that at more than one point Mom, Tracy, Beth, Ellen, Kelley and myself all had tears streaming down our faces not because of a sad or extremely happy part but because the music was so powerful! Something that will be remembered for a very long time.
Since I can't express the joy I felt over the play, I want to recap a few of the highlights from the night itself:
- Dinner at Super Mex. Next time Tracy will order the Jr. burrito.
- The chit-chat in the car on the way out there. Loved the company I was in.
- Walking up and down Hollywood Blvd. looking for a bathroom.
- The African American boys commenting on the "white girl with bootie" as we walked by (twice). We are convinced it was directed at Mom.
- Getting six girls in and out of the bathroom of Popeye's using the one token received by purchasing an apple pie-ish dessert.
- Taking many group pictures in order to find the best back ground (you would have thought we were from Idaho or something).
- The play starting and all of us realizing what we have been looking forward to for 9 months was finally happening!
- The "fresherizer" girl in the bathroom at the Pantageous.
- Beth dashing out of the play as she was choking on the peanut.
- Recanting every funny line and spoiler and "did you notice when" together on the way home.
(thanks for the pictures, Mom)