Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Something Today

Why is Fourth of July my favorite holiday? Because of a day like this...


First we attended our niece's softball game. She is an awesome pitcher. She lead her team though this tournament qualifying them for State Championships!
Morgan and Kendall have fun with their cousins at the softball games.After the game we headed over to Gramma and Grandpa's for a dip in the pool...
...and a popsicle.
Then over to a friends house for the real celebration. Morgan helped her friend sell some lemonade. This little boy is a true entrepreneur (just like his father). He created a mobile lemonade stand, genius! If they won't come to you, go to them! (he made bank!)

And of course the fireworks. I love today! I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the food! We had a great spread, including the best ribs made my this crazy guy.PS - When saying goodbye to Gramma, Kendall said, "Bye! Happy...uh...Mom, what is the 'happy something' called today"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Days like this are pretty great, aren't they?! I hope none of us ever have to live somewhere else to make us truly appreciate what we have.
Love,
Mom/Gramma

Tracy said...

It's one of my favorite holidays also, Jo! Your neice (is that Taylor? I can't tell) has amazing form!! Seriously - from the side facing hips, to her hop off the ground - I was never a good pitcher - but I can tell one when I see one! Very cute pictures - very fun day!