Wednesday, July 25, 2007

HPDH

I just got done with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! I kind of expected it to be a disappointment because I just knew I had it figured it out and it would be boring. But that J.K. Rowling had me turning pages like you wouldn't believe (as a side note - I will quote part of Morgan's prayer she said tonight, "...and thank you that Mommy is done with her book so we can play games with her now..." - okay, I know, I know, I'm a horrible mother!) and it was no disappointment at all! It seems if I had a theory it was only slightly right and made ten times better. I am so happy to have all my questions answered and now I can get back to things like Candyland and Memory.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Yay! I am so happy for all you Harry Potter-ers out there! I'm glad it was a great ending. Funny -I know nothing about it, and am not interested, but I'm still so happy for all you who are! :) How sweet of Morgan! It's okay Jo - no guilty feelings allowed - she'll never remember these last two days of her neglected life but you had the BEST time with that book!! (that wasn't meant to be sarcastic - seriously!)

Holly said...

wasn't it so good? i thought she wrapped things up rather nicely!

and tracy, you should read them! aren't your girls interested in them? they are really easy reads (and rightly so since they are written for teens) and really enjoyable!

Beth said...

Jody, that is SOOOOO funny about Morgan's prayer!

Mindy Dahmer said...

I loved the book, too! I think it takes a gifted writer to make the last book just as good as the first one. I am going to miss good ol' HP, but I was very happy with the ending. I think Josh and I had it read four days after it came out.:) And, I have to admit, my girls were glad to have their parents back, too.:)